The firm has a statewide technology litigation practice, anchored in the Austin high tech industry. In addition to requiring experience in business torts, contract law, and employment issues, cases in this practice area often require immediate court action, including interim injunctive relief and other extraordinary remedies. We have the resources to meet these demands. Cases in this area also often call for an awareness of how litigation can impact start-up companies in the capital market, from initial funding through public offering. We understand the importance of quick and discreet dispute resolution. Recent examples of our experience in these matters include:
- Defeating a federal court preliminary injunction involving hotly-contested issues in the design, development, and marketing of a next generation software system, as well as related issues under covenant not to compete and confidentiality agreements.
- Defeating a federal court preliminary injunction involving a multinational telecommunications firm and claims of theft of trade secrets, breach of non-disclosure agreements, inevitable disclosure, and violation of invention disclosure clauses.
- Prosecuting trademark infringement claims for a developer of software and services for handheld, portable, and mobile devices.
- Defending federal court claims for trademark infringement, trademark dilution, and unfair competition for large, publicly-held company providing e-business consulting services.
- Prosecuting state court claims for injunctive relief and damages based on misappropriation of trade secrets and violation of confidentiality agreement for a developer of embedded software.
- Arbitrating for a telecommunications client a damages claim for violation of a marketing and licensing agreement.
- Obtaining temporary injunctive relief restraining disgruntled employee from retaliatory conduct and violation of nondisclosure agreement.
- Advising on trade secret, covenant not to compete, and confidentiality issues in a variety of areas, including claims management software, e-commerce, internet banking, and telecommunications.