Anthony is committed to achieving the best and most cost-effective result for his clients. He knows that each case is unique and focuses on developing creative solutions and strategies based on each individual client’s need. Anthony has a varied practice, representing plaintiffs and defendants in all types of complex disputes. He has argued and won dispositive motions in the trial court, taken and defended numerous depositions of witnesses, and handled multiple appeals at the state and federal level.
Anthony joined the firm in 2013 after serving as a law clerk for Judge Edward C. Prado on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Before that, he was a briefing attorney for Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson on the Supreme Court of Texas. He draws on both of these experiences to help clients navigate litigation and maximize their chance of success at every stage.
Anthony earned his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Texas Tech University. While in law school, Anthony served as the Managing Editor of the Texas Law Review, was honored as a member of the Order of Barristers, and won a national championship in moot court. He now takes an active role in Austin’s local bar organizations. He is the President of the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, served as a board member for the Austin Young Lawyer’s Association, and participates in the State Bar of Texas Appellate Pro Bono Program. He also mentors UT Law School students through mentorship programs organized by the Law School and the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin.
Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Litigation
- (S.D. Tex.) — Part of trial team that defeated a $7 million surface remediation claim against an oil and gas operator.
- (S.D. Tex.); (5th Cir.) — Obtained summary judgment defeating breach-of-contract claim against oil and gas operator and awarding operator damages on its counterclaim; Defended both aspects of the summary judgment to the Fifth Circuit, which affirmed the trial court’s decision.
- (Tex. Dist. – Travis County) — Obtained summary judgment defeating a personal injury claim seeking to hold an oil and gas operator vicariously liable for injuries sustained at a well-site.
- (Tex. Dist. – Atascosa County) — Part of team that obtained summary judgment awarding an oil and gas operator its attorney’s fees after defeating claim that alleged that certain mineral interests were not leased to the operator.
Commercial Litigation and Appeals
- (Texas Supreme Court) — Defeated opposing party’s attempt to appeal judgment from the Sixth Court of Appeals to the Texas Supreme Court.
- (14th Court of Appeals) — Obtained judgment affirming the dismissal of fraud claims against a timeshare company and its CEO under Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 91a.
- (Tex. Dist. – Travis County) — Obtained order vacating an onerous default judgment against a real estate management company and awarding a new trial.
Bar Admissions & Activities
President, Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, 2016–2017
Board Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Austin Foundation, 2015–present
Board Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2014–2016
Associate Member, Calvert Inn of Court, 2014–present
Austin Bar Association/AYLA Leadership Academy, 2016
Member, Austin Bar Association, 2013–present
Member, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2015–present
Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and the State Bar of Texas
Recognitions & Awards
Managing Editor, Texas Law Review (Vol. 89)
National Champion and Best Brief, Uvaldo Herrera National Moot Court Competition
Order of Barristers
Outstanding Litigation Note, Texas Law Review Association
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2011
Texas Tech University, B.A., with honors, 2008