Scott Douglass is committed to contributing to our community and the legal profession as volunteers and by providing pro bono legal services.
Each year, SDM attorneys dedicate significant time and energy serving on the Board of Directors for a variety of organizations, including:
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Boy Scouts of America: Capitol Area Council
- Greater Austin Economic Development Corporation
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- State Bar Committee on Women in the Profession
- Texas Minority Counsel Program of the State Bar Office of Minority Affairs
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar
Scott Douglass & McConnico is consistently recognized as a Pro Bono Champion by Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas. Each year, VLS recognizes all of the firms and volunteers who have given their time, expertise, and resources to advancing equal justice for all. In 2016, the firm received the Joseph P. Hart Award, given each year by VLS to the law firm that has demonstrated integrity in and commitment to providing legal services to the poor.