Lauren is a commercial trial lawyer who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court. In her short time in private practice, Lauren has written and argued dispositive motions, taken and defended depositions, examined and cross-examined witnesses at trial, and briefed and argued two appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Lauren began her career as a middle school English teacher and later transitioned to policy work, crafting public school improvement and support plans in both Texas and Colorado. She earned her Master’s degree in Policy, Organization, and Leadership Studies from Stanford University and went on to manage Texas’ school turnaround efforts in four school districts across the state.
Eventually turning her focus to the law, Lauren received her JD with honors from The University of Texas School of Law, where she was a member of the Texas Law Review. During law school, Lauren served as a student attorney for the Domestic Violence Clinic, interned for two federal judges, and earned the Dean’s Achievement Award in three courses.
Lauren joined Scott Douglass & McConnico after clerking for the Honorable Robert Pitman of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, with honors
- M.A., Stanford University, Policy, Organization, and Leadership Studies
- B.A., Georgetown University, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Greater Than, Midwest Cohort, Member: 2020–2021