Anthony is committed to achieving the best and most cost-effective result for his clients. He knows that each case is unique and focuses on developing creative solutions and strategies based on each individual client’s need. As a former law clerk at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and at the Supreme Court of Texas, Anthony is comfortable handling all types of complex disputes. He draws on both of these experiences to help clients navigate litigation and maximize their chance of success at every stage.
Recognitions & Awards
Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
“Texas Rising Star” in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, 2017-2018
President, Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, 2016–2017
Austin Bar Association/AYLA Leadership Academy, 2016
Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Litigation
- (S.D. Tex.) — Part of trial team that defeated a $7 million surface remediation claim against an oil and gas operator.
- (S.D. Tex.); (5th Cir.) — Obtained summary judgment defeating breach-of-contract claim against oil and gas operator and awarding operator damages on its counterclaim; Defended both aspects of the summary judgment to the Fifth Circuit, which affirmed the trial court’s decision.
- (Tex. Dist. – Travis County) — Obtained summary judgment defeating a personal injury claim seeking to hold an oil and gas operator vicariously liable for injuries sustained at a well-site.
- Tex. Dist. — La Salle, Dimmit, McMullen, and Atascosa Counties) — Defended oil and gas operators against claims of lease termination, royalty underpayment, premises liability, and breach of fiduciary duty and negotiated settlements of said cases.
- (Texas Supreme Court) — Defeated opposing party’s attempt to appeal judgment from the Sixth Court of Appeals to the Texas Supreme Court.
- (14th Court of Appeals) — Obtained judgment affirming the dismissal of fraud claims against a timeshare company and its CEO under Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 91a.
Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and the State Bar of Texas
Steering Committee, Texas Minority Counsel Program
Member, State Bar of Texas Appellate Pro Bono Program
Associate, Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court, 2014–present
Board Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Austin Foundation, 2015–present
Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2011
- Managing Editor, Texas Law Review (Vol. 89)
- National Champion and Best Brief, Uvaldo Herrera National Moot Court Competition
- Order of Barristers
- Outstanding Litigation Note, Texas Law Review Association
Articles & Presentations
Kennon L. Wooten and Anthony Arguijo, Rule 91a Dismissal Procedures: Basic Considerations and Unanswered Questions, 80 ADVOC.: STATE BAR LITIG. SEC. REP. 60 (2017).