Ryan is an experienced trial lawyer, having taken cases through final verdict almost every year he has been in practice. In 2020, Ryan, as plaintiff trial counsel, tried a breach-of-fiduciary-duty case and received a verdict in excess of 40 million dollars, which, at the time was the largest private-plaintiff verdict in 20 years and the 2nd largest judgement for a private plaintiff in the history of Travis County, and is among the Top 100 Verdicts of 2021 as reported by The National Law Journal. Ryan is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He was recognized in 2016 as the Baylor Young Lawyer of the Year, and in 2013 as Austin’s Outstanding Young Lawyer of The Year.
Ryan represents clients on both sides of the docket in complex business litigation, product-liability, business divorces, professional malpractice, fiduciary duty and wrongful death/personal injury claims. Ryan has taken many cases through final verdict as lead attorney including jury trials, bench trials, and binding arbitrations. He has also secured favorable outcomes for his defense clients through pre-trial summary judgments, take-nothing verdicts, and settlements.
- University of Texas, BBA, 1999.
- Baylor University School of Law, with honors, 2004
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2022
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Executive Committee of the Baylor Law Alumni Association
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Calvert Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Former Coach, University of Texas School of Law Mock Trial Team
- Founder, Austin Baylor Lawyer Network
- Community and Charitable Organizations: Good Shepherd Episcopal Church